The world of startups is always intriguing as it is the place where the real innovation is created. Since the first startup RiskMap, back in the year 2000 in Milan together with Dario Cintioli and the other QuantLib founders, I have been involved in the startup galaxy as a founder, angel investor, adviser, and consultant.
- The emergence of a new discipline: Quantitative Hospitality and Foodservice In order to explain what is quantitative hospitality and foodservice, let me start with three anecdotes. I remember the feeling of entering the bar right across the street from where I lived for many years in Italy: they would greet me with my nickname and ask me if I’d like to have my usual breakfast. The ...
- Test-Driven Development and its importance of for hot startups What is test-driven development? Test-driven development is a powerful coding philosophy that allows you to write code efficiently and makes its maintenance much easier. The basic idea of test-driven development is that you don’t even start to write your code unless a test is broken. Writing the tests before the code seems very boring, however when ...
Recently HotTab has been under my radar as very-fast growing company in the business of POS software.
The aim of the Lux project is to deliver exchange-rate forward curves to small-medium enterprises that need them for budgeting and forecasting purposes. The pre-pre alpha version can be found on the LuxApi website.
The Lux Project
In the last year or so I have been working on a secret pet project that I call “Lux” project. Here “Lux” recalls the Latin word lux that means light. In this project currently we use daily futures data to compute the forward curves for currency exchange rates and commodities. There are many open roads for the future, for example
- Compute the present value of cash flows
- Simulate future curves according to some historical simulation or Monte Carlo method
- Compute reserves for future cash flows
A screenshot of the current project can be found in the attachments below.
If you are interested in the project or would like to know more write to me using the contact form.